Dear Mobile Pet Vet Family,
As your trusted veterinary care provider, we are dedicated to ensuring the health and safety of all of your family members (both 4-legged and 2). We are closely following the ongoing developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and are following guidance from the AVMA, CDC and Maryland Veterinary Medical Association. Maryland has stated that Veterinary clinics are considered essential and as such has allowed for the continuation of our business in order to treat our patients.
We have instituted some new protocols to limit the exposure between houses and protect our clients and staff. As of yesterday, we started the following procedures:
- If you or a family member is sick, even if the signs are mild, if you have been quarantined after travel or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment.
- If your appointment is for an urgent issue, we will attempt to provide medical care, where possible, through telemedicine or make recommendations for further care. Please note that telemedicine is only available to current clients with whom a valid veterinary/client/patient relationship (VCPR) exists.
- Every effort will be made to treat existing patients through telemedicine and other avenues as necessary for any family affected by the virus.
- Canine appointments will take place outside whenever possible.
- Cat appointments will be seen inside, however, it is very important that your cat(s) be confined to an enclosed room ahead of time. We will not be able to engage in our typical “kitty wrangling” so that we can limit exposure for our clients and staff.
- We ask you to help us discard any trash we generate from your pet (other than needles and other sharps).
- We will be asking about clinical history, concerns and questions via phone prior to our appointment, again in an effort to limit person-to-person contact.
- We will be trying to keep the 6-foot distance between clients and staff that has been recommended. – We realize that this is awkward
- We will only be bringing necessary equipment and tools with us to our examinations. We will leave most things in the car until needed. We may not use our scale for every appointment unless it is necessary for patient evaluation. Everything will be thoroughly disinfected between patients.
- We ask for an area to wash our hands that has soap and paper towels. If this is not available, we have hand sanitizer that will also be used between appointments.
We are lucky that prior to this pandemic we already had the infrastructure to provide many services that may be extremely helpful to our clients in this current climate. Some of these include:
- Medication and pet food home delivery via mail, online store and courier service
- Telemedicine where appropriate – either through text, Face Time, pictures or video
- Examinations performed outside where possible
- Close relationships with clients and knowledge about each patient– helping us to determine how best to treat each case
We are open to implementing other alternative methods to help our patients and clients should they become necessary. These challenges to our business practice are unprecedented and we will need to be flexible as we learn the best way to take care of our patients while protecting owners and staff at the same time.
Please be assured that we remain dedicated to the health of your pet(s) and will continue to provide the high level of care you have come to expect from us. Thank you for entrusting our practice with the care of your furry family and for working with us as we overcome challenges together.
Please do not hesitate to call, text or email us with any questions or concerns.
Dr. B and Robin